Cymraeg |  BSL | Jump to content |  Text Only |  Change font size  A A A

Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations 

Anyone wanting to hold an event in Carmarthenshire to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee this summer should act now.


They are urged to apply to licence their events, or face disappointment over the celebratory period.


Carmarthenshire County Council, which issues Temporary Event Notices within the county, is encouraging those wishing to hold a public event to celebrate the Queens Jubilee to submit their applications promptly.


Activities covered by the Temporary Event Notices (TEN) are: sales by retail of alcohol for consumption either off or on the premises or both; the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of a member of a club; the provision of regulated entertainment; and the provision of late night refreshments (between 11pm and 5am).


Events covered by a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) can last for up to 96 hours and must involve no more than 499 people.


Anyone wishing to apply for a TEN must submit two copies of the application to the Council at least 10 working days (excluding the day of the event) before the event is due to take place. It is however recommended that applicants apply three to four weeks before the event, in order for discussions to take place and guidance to be provided.


A TEN costs £21 and should be paid for at the time of application. Cheques should be made payable to Carmarthenshire County Council and sent to the

Licensing Section,

Carmarthenshire County Council,

3 Spilman Street,


SA31 1LE


A copy of each application must also be sent to the Police at the following address:

The Divisional Licensing Officer,

Police Station, Foundry Road,


SA18 2LS


The Government has also made an order which extends the permitted hours of certain premises and Clubs on June 1 and 2, 2012. Where premises are licensed for the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises until at least 11pm, the order extends the permitted hours by two hours on those days for all licensable activities at the premises.


The extension does not apply to take away or off licence premises. Those premises will need to apply to obtain a separate authorisation to extend their permitted hours. Licence holders are advised to contact the Licensing Section to check whether the order applies to their premises.


For more information regarding temporary event notices or the extension order, call our Licensing Section on 01267 234567 or e-mail:

Follow us on Facebook


Page last updated on 23/3/2012