Cymraeg |  BSL | Jump to content |  Text Only |  Change font size  A A A
Page last updated on 22/2/2011
County Farms, Bare Land and Grazing Tenancies 

County Farms

Lower Court Farmhouse

Carmarthenshire County Council's Rural Estate has 30 'equipped' holdings having a total area of 2,735 acres; 55% are traditional one man dairy units and the remaining 45% are non-dairy (beef and sheep). The properties are reasonably conveniently grouped in 4 main areas namely, Llangadog (5), Llanarthne (4), Laugharne (4) and St Clears (5+1) with the remaining 11 dispersed within the County.

Bare Land Holdings / Agricultural Tenancies

Gilfach Bare Land

There are 12 areas of land near St Clears, Llanstephan, Llandovery, Llanddowror, Llangeler, Penboyr, Pembrey, Kidwelly, Pontyberem and Pwll totalling approximately 588 acres. These are without houses or buildings and are mainly let to facilitate other farms to expand their businesses.

Grazing Tenancies

Engine Fach Grazing

Approximately 257 acres of non-operational land is let on short-term grazing licenses at around 47 locations throughout the County. The majority are situated around the Carmarthen / Llanelli / Amman Valley areas and are generally of poorer quality grassland mainly suitable for horses.

Fishing Rights

Towy Fishing

These are rights to fish at 2 locations on the Afon Taf and 1 on the Afon Tywi where stretches are let to local angling clubs.

Woodland

The Estate also comprises approximately 100 acres of mixed woodland with the main blocks located at Llangadog, Llanarthne and Laugharne.

 
Contact Details
 
 Dorian Davies 01267 246249
 DDavies@carmarthenshire.gov.uk