Carmarthenshire County Council has constituted its Standards Committee with nine members; five independent members; one community representative appointed by the community councils in the County and three elected members of the County Council. In accordance with statutory requirements the committee comprises a majority of independent members. The terms of reference and names and contact details of the members of the committee are set out below.
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE STANDARDS COMMITTEE
1. To promote and maintain high standards of conduct by Councillors, co-opted members and church and parent governor representatives.
2. To assist councillors, co-opted members and church and parent governor representatives to observe the Members' Code of Conduct.
3. To advise the Council on the adoption or revision of the Members' Code of Conduct.
4. To monitor the operation of the Members' Code of Conduct;
5. To advise, train or arrange to train Councillors, co-opted members and church and parent governor representatives on matters relating to the Members' Code of Conduct.
6. To grant dispensations to Councillors, co-opted members and church and parent governor representatives from requirements relating to interests set out in the Members' Code of Conduct.
7. To deal with any reports from a case tribunal or interim case tribunal, and any report from the monitoring officer on any matter referred to that officer by the Local Commissioner in Wales.
8. To exercise the functions set out in paragraphs 1-7 above in relation to the Community Councils wholly or mainly in Carmarthenshire and the members of those Community Councils.
9. To receive annual reports on the operation of the council's complaints procedure and the whistle-blowing policy with a view to incorporating references to those matters in the committee's annual report.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE STANDARDS COMMITTEE
Mr Paul Stait (Chair of the committee)
Tel: 01550 777728
Mr Christopher A. Downward (Vice Chair of the Committee)
Pant y Turnor
Tel: 01550 740324
Mr M. Andre Morgan
Tel: 01974 202564
Mr Alun Williams
56 Rehoboth Road
Tel: 01269 860705
Mrs. Gillian Whitehead
Tel: 01269 842426
TOWN AND COMMUNITY COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Councillor Jeanette Gilasbey
30 Ger y Gwendraeth
Tel: 01554 892729
COUNTY COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
Councillor Susan. M. Allen
Tel: 01994 240036
Councillor A. Peter Cooper
107 Saron Road
TEL: 01269 596843
Tel: 01792 882569