As part of their investigative role, Scrutiny Committees can establish a Task & Finish Group during each municipal year.
These are sub-groups of the main committee which are asked to investigate specific issues and report back findings and recommendations for approval before presenting them to the Executive Board.
The purpose of task and finish groups is to contribute to the development of new policy or to undertake a piece of investigative scrutiny work and they have been instrumental in strengthening the policy development / investigative roles of scrutiny during the past few years.
During the 2013/14 municipal year, the committees will be considering the following subjects:
- Community – Planning Enforcement Policy
- Education & Children – Council's Youth Club Provision
- Environmental & Public Protection – Substance Misuse Services
- Policy & Resources – Review of the Council’s Consultation / Engagement Mechanisms
- Social Care & Health & – Social Care Services for Older People in Carmarthenshire
Final reports will be available when work of each group is completed and can be accessed by clicking on the text above.
Click on the links on the right hand side of this page to read the reports from the most recently completed reviews, including the Social Care & Health Scrutiny Committee's joint review with the Hywel Dda Community Health Board. Please note that the Community and Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committees undertook a joint review in 2012/13 and a report is due shortly.