Carmarthenshire is a very diverse county in terms of its people and its geography. The county is made up of 58 Electoral Wards with (74 Elected Members) and individual profiles have been prepared for each of these wards. The profile provides a summary of the key characteristics of the ward as well as valuable local information.
The Ward Profiles draw upon a wide array of data sources, and their standardised layout enables the quick and easy comparison of areas, an investigation of patterns, and identification of variations.
An equivalent profile of the County of Carmarthenshire is also provided - click here
The latest versions of the profiles (published November 2014) incorporate a number of new or updated information sources, including:
- 2013 Mid Year Population Estimates (Office of National Statistics, ONS)
- New Census data on population characteristics, household composition and economic activity status (2011 Census)
- Housing type and tenure statistics (2011 Census)
- Ward birth and death rates (2013)
- Household Income estimates (CACI 'Paycheck' data 2014)
- Ns-SeC data (socio-economic position based on occupation, 2011 Census)
- Updated labour market and benefit statistics
- Recorded crime statistics for 2013-2014 (Dyfed Powys Police)
For any further queries relating to these profiles please contact:
Lesley Rees, Policy Research and Information Officer.