‘EDUCATION THROUGH PARTICIPATION’
Pendine Outdoor Education Centre (Pendine OEC) in Pendine, West Wales is run by Carmarthenshire County Council, Regeneration and Leisure Department. We are a residential centre catering for up to 140 clients and have been operating in our current capacity for over 40 years although the standard of accommodation has thankfully improved somewhat during that period!
The Centre is ideally positioned just 300 metres from the famous Pendine Sands beach and on the edge of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Pendine OEC has traditionally catered for local schools but is increasingly catering for schools as far a field as Reading and Canterbury as well as cubs, scouts, religious camps, sports tours and corporate groups. We also organise and run off site expeditions including Duke of Edinburgh, Bushcraft weekends, Snowdon treks and even trips to the Lake District.
The activities listed below give a taster of what is available at Pendine OEC:
• Climbing ( Coastal crags, on site tower and indoor bouldering wall )
• Abseiling ( Coastal crags and on site tower )
• High and low ropes courses
• Canadian canoeing ( rivers and inland waters )
• Surf skiing ( ‘sit on tops’ )
• Body boarding
• Gorge walking
• Orienteering ( various levels of ability )
• Hill and coastal path walking
• Environmental studies
• Team building
• Bespoke National Curriculum linked studies in cross curricular topics