The Blue Badge (Disabled Parking) Scheme is designed to help blind or disabled people to travel independently as either a driver or a passenger and to allow them to park close to where they need to go.
The Blue Badge allows the vehicle in which the badge holder travels to park in designated areas. (see Direct.gov.uk for more details) or telephone 0844 463 0215
You are eligible for a blue badge without further assessment if you:
• Receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA)
• Are registered blind
• Receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
• Have received a lump sum benefit within tariff levels 1-8 of the armed forces and Reserve Forces (compensation) scheme and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
You will be eligible subject to further assessment if you:
• Are over the age of two and are unable to walk or have very considerable difficulty in walking because of a permanent and substantial disability
• Regularly drive a car, have a severe disability in both arms and are unable to operate, or have considerable difficulty in operating a parking meter.
• Are under the age of three and have a condition that requires that they be always accompanied by bulky medical equipment or requires that they be kept near a motor vehicle in case of need for emergency medical treatment.
If you have any queries regarding Blue Badge applications contact:
Blue Badge Unit
Social Care, Health & Housing Department
Carmarthenshire County Council
Tel: 01267 228813
What You Need to Know Before Applying For a Blue Badge
Applying for a Blue Badge
Instructions for Blue Badge Holders
Changes to the Blue Badge Scheme