The Supporting People Planning Group, established in 2002 includes representation from:
- Housing Services
- Adult Services to be represented across the following four groups:
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Older Persons
- Physical Disability
- Hywel Dda Health Board
- Children’s and Education Services
- Chief Executives Department
- Wales Probation
- Hywel Dda NHS Trust
The terms of reference of the group are reviewed on an annual basis. All partners are taking an active role. During a series of meetings the Supporting People Planning Group consider the housing related support needs of each client group.
The Supporting People Planning Group makes decisions relating to the commissioning, decommissioning and re-modelling of Supporting People funded services, based on:
- Evidence presented by the Supporting People team and other service commissioners on which projects are working well to meet the Supporting People Operational Plan 2012-13.
- Results of the Needs Mapping Exercise.
- An approved prioritisation scoring matrix
The chair has been held by the Heads of Service within Carmarthenshire County Council’s Social Care, Health and Housing Directorate, Dyfed Powys Probation’s Offender and Employment Manager, and Carmarthenshire Local Health Board’s Head of Partnerships & Integrated Commissioning. Having representatives from the Probation Service and the Local Health Board chairing the Planning Group has helped strengthen the links with these organisations. The Supporting People Planning Group is currently being chaired by the Director of Social Care, Health and Housing.