Health Challenge Carmarthenshire is the local response to Health Challenge Wales which laid down the challenge to everyone in Wales to make small and inexpensive changes to your daily routine to lead healthier lifestyles.
Our aim is to encourage and support people to lead happy and healthy lives by providing information about local activities and services as well as links to the most up to date advice on a range of health related issues.
Health Challenge Carmarthenshire is an integral part of the counties Health Social Care and Wellbeing Strategy.
This strategy is overseen by a multi agency partnership which includes the following partners;
- Carmarthenshire Local Health Board
- Carmarthenshire County Council
- National Public Health Service for Wales
- Carmarthenshire Association of Voluntary Services and the
- Community Health Council.
Any statistics used throughout the Wellbeing Topics have been taken from the following surveys, reports and strategies;
- Welsh Health Survey 2005/ 2007
- National Public Health Service Report (2006)
- Climbing Higher, Welsh Assembly Government, 2005.
- World Health Organisation (2004)
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (www.rospa.com)
- British Crime Survey 2005/ 2006
- National Treatment Agency, Department of Health, 2006.