From February 1st 2013, Communities First will be a community focused programme that supports the Welsh Government's Anti-Poverty agenda. It will support the most disadvantaged people in the most deprived areas with the aim of contributing to alleviating persistent poverty. The programme will aim to contribute, alongside other programmes, to narrowing the education/skills, economic and health gaps between our most deprived and more affluent areas.
The programme will do this by:
- Supporting those individuals, families and groups of people who have the poorest education/skills, economic and health outcomes especially in places where deprivation is most concentrated;
- Increasing individuals' life skills, self esteem and self reliance, including financial capability;
- Supporting and strengthening local activity which contributes most to tackling poverty and deprivation, with community organisations and communities themselves as key partners.
The Communities First Vision Framework will deliver across 3 areas
- Prosperous Communities (Economic)
- Learning Communities (Education/Skills, in particular through employability)
- Healthier Communities (Health)
The Communities First Programme in Carmarthenshire is managed by Community Development Carmarthenshire County Council. The programme will be delivered geographically across one Cluster Area'. The list below shows the localities and Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs) within the Cluster.
Local Authority Area Carmarthenshire
- Tyisha 2
- Bigyn 4
- Glanymor 3
- Glanymor 1
- Tyisha 3
- Glanymor 2
- Llwynhendy 3
- Hengoed 2
- Llwynhendy 2
- Lliedi 3
- Ammanford 1
- Trimsaran 1