Welcome to Carmarthenshire County Council Highways pages.
This Section is responsible for:
- the management, needs assessment and maintenance of the highway network, bridges and culverts and retaining walls.
- undertakes flood defence and land drainage maintenance works.
- maintains the highway verges, traffic signs and road markings and provides year-round cover for weather, winter and other emergencies.
- maintains County and Community Councils' street and highway lighting and associated infrastructure, as well as illuminated highway signs.
- granting of licensing permissions for use of areas of highway (eg. scaffolding, hoardings, road opening permits, events on the highway)
If you wish to report or request a Highways Service (eg. damaged pavements or roads, Sign damage and road spillages) Please contact Carmarthenshire Direct or complete our Online Highways Defect Form.
Online Highways Defect Form
Tel: 01267 234567